Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fixing my mob screen - 1

My samsung screen has shrunk to half its size! No, nothing to do with any magic potion but the darned pixels which just won't fire up anymore. And only the bottom half of my screen faces this problem. Its completely grayed out. I am getting it fixed as I am not about to spend another 10-15K on a phone..(pssst, though I did look up the prices of refurbished iPhones on eBay ;)

Anyway, the point is that the the screen can be fixed, which is a good thing. I half expected them to say they did not carry any inventory on a phone which was 2 years old (gosh!), or that there was some other problem with it (like a OS glitch). Luckily, it looks like the chip that handles the UI/screen seems intact, though I think the reason that the phone went down with its pixels in the first place was because it got dropped quite a few times.

It started with a few lines materializing on the phone screen, which wasn't so bad, but another couple of drops, and from a smartphone, it turned into a dumb one! Maybe there is a very specific reason for that.. like the pixels got burned out when the mob dropped? Why? Though I could actually touch the parts that were grayed out and still do a few operations like make calls and check messages etc. So obviously, the visible part and the touch sensors itself are two different things, and unrelated.

I wonder how the whole thing is arranged..maybe I should look it up sometime.

More news later...

1 comment:

  1. He he:) Maybe you need to experiment by dropping some more mobile phones to see what happens when you drop them! I dropped my mobile several times too, and when ever I did so, usually the cover came off, or the battery fell down or the sim card got displaced. Yours is an unique case:)

    ReplyDelete